Polls and Questions: Participate in polls and ask questions using Slido
Abstract: Because we can all make a difference in building a better future for ourselves and each other, this year’s WiM panel will focus on the topic of Challenges still facing women in microwaves and how you can help. The panel consists of exceptional women who work in different aspects of STEM who have made their mark in the field, and continue to inspire and mentor those around them. The discussion will fearlessly and honestly address the reasons we still need a special event like this despite the progress that has been made for equality. Breaking down barriers that systemically limits and disproportionately affects women can only improve the future of the field of Microwaves. We hope all IMS attendees, including men, women, and students attend this panel and participate in a spirited and informative discussion that will inspire everyone to take the messages and lessons into their lives and make an even brighter future for all those who work in STEM.
Moderator: Karen Field, Executive Director, Content for the Infrastructure Intelligence Group at Informa, overseeing the brands Electronic Design and Microwaves and RF
- Amy Duwel, Ph.D., Director of Materials and Devices at Draper
- Dr. Ellen Ferraro, Chief Engineer for Integrated Communication Systems (ICS), Raytheon
- Rashaunda Henderson,Ph.D., Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas
- Yasmine King, Global Account Manager, Analog Devices, Inc.
- Suja Ramnath, President and CEO, Integra Technologies, Inc.